Cleanroom FAQs with Video Responses
Browse the questions below for answers to some of the most common questions pertaining to cleanroom design, construction and classification. Each question links to a dedicated page with a video response from Tim Loughran, our cleanroom design expert. A written transcript to the video answer is also available on each page.
View video responses to these questions from cleanroom design expert, Tim Loughran
- Is there a problem with building a higher classification cleanroom than needed?
- How does the cleanroom classification one chooses affect cost?
- What are the determining factors involved in choosing the classification of a cleanroom?
- How do temperature and humidity control affect cleanroom operation costs?
- Do temperature and humidity requirements affect the way a cleanroom is designed?
- How do you properly insulate a plenum cap?
- What factors influence your decision to recommend modular vs traditional construction?
- What are the advantages of modular construction when leasing or renting a building?
- Other than financial, what are some additional advantages of modular cleanroom construction?
- What is the difference between the terms “cleanroom” (or “clean room”) and “controlled environment”?
- How do you determine which PortaFab cleanroom system to use for a specific application?
- What is the difference between a single pass and a recirculating cleanroom?
- Does the decision to choose a single pass or recirculating cleanroom have an impact on the construction and design cost?
- What are the different air flow systems used in a cleanroom design?
- What determines the type of wall surface used to create a cleanroom?
- What determines the type of substrate to be used in the cleanroom wall panels?
- What factors should you consider when evaluating cleanroom doors?
- What factors should you consider when evaluating cleanroom ceiling options?
- What factors should you consider when evaluating cleanroom windows?