Edge Closeouts & Joiners
Panels may often require edge closeouts when used as assembly components or as part of a larger project.
- Edge closeouts offer a variety of advantages including:
- Seal panels against water or chemical vapors
- Provides a connection point for special hardware including hinges or cam locks
- Allows panels to be joined at angels or flat edgewise
- Clean, aesthetic appearance
There are two basic types of edge closeouts: internal and external. Internal closeouts are incorporated during panel fabrication while external closeouts are added after fabrication.