The client is a machine tool manufacturer of state-of-the-art punch / laser combination machines. They wanted to provide a deployable, modular laser enclosure as part of the equipment they sell to their clients.
Application: 20' x 28' x 12' Tall, 4-Wall Laser Enclosure
Product: OmniFlex vinyl fire and sound 12' tall wall, 4-wall
- Ease of integration of customer-supplied parts
- Meet required safety standards for laser process
- Flexibility to relocate and expand to address changing business needs
- Deployable units across the world, conformed with International Shipments
The customer was looking at other modular solutions but could not find the necessary engineering support and global market penetration capabilities required for these enclosures. PortaFab was selected due the collaboration with the numerous entities required to provide the turnkey solution for these laser rooms.
PortaFab worked closely with our distributor to achieve a design that would allow for the dealer's custom panel solution to integrate with our wall system.
Our engineering department worked closely to develop the exact cut list and special installation techniques to accomplish this, including:
- Custom manufactured 2 ½" thick walls to accommodate the client's custom ½" panel to make the needed overall 3" thick panel that was needed due to safety requirements for the laser machine within the enclosure.
- Seamless integration with the client-supplied doors by locating these openings in the exact location due to the specialized performance of the 6' x 8' Double Door opening as well as the 15' x 9'2" Top Hung Sliding door.
- Special framed cutouts with our wall system to account for specific process penetrations through the wall to include window frames.