Manage 7 team members in the shipping department. Perform and supervise a variety of receiving tasks. Responsible for all in-coming materials from vendors and customers. Reviews purchase orders, packing lists and delivery documents. Quantifies and verifies received materials meet the specifications of purchase orders and receiving checklists. Ensures materials are received and warehoused per PortaFab procedures. Receive RGA shipments per current procedures. Coordinates with other departments, ensuring shipping schedules are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Department receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts and inspects received materials per receiving procedure.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies purchasing personnel.
- Prepare routine reports within ERP System and file receiving records.
- Operate saws, dolly, pallet jack, and forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; operate shrinkwrap machine.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to lead, supervise and train staff.
- Ability to read and write.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft windows.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to communicate with other team leader to meet goals