PortaFab Corporation is seeking skilled manufacturing Team Members. Position is Full-Time with insurance and pension benefit. Qualified applicants must be extremely reliable and have a mechanical aptitude. Experience in skilled trades and general manufacturing.
General Summary of Duties:
- Plan, lay-out, manufacture various laminated panels in accordance with all applicable plans and specifications.
- Assemble Windows and doors
- Pull and package parts
- Drive forklift and powered pallet jack
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Read and understand plans and specifications.
- Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Inspect work for compliance to specifications, point out deficiencies and explain, and take any corrective action needed.
- Use appropriate tools and equipment to properly measure, cut, and assemble laminated panels.
- Previous experience in layout and aluminum MIG welding is a plus.
- Previous experience light gauge metal layout, shearing and forming operation is a plus
- Previous Painting experience Auto Electrostatic and Hand-spray is a plus
- Position will report to Plant Foreman as assigned by PortaFab Corporation.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Desired Education – Vocational Training, High School Diploma Preferred.
Desired Experience – 3 years’ experience performing basic carpentry.
Desired Skills – basic carpentry, electrostatic painting, metal shearing, press brake, power saws, light electrical, aluminum welding, forklift, pallet jacks.
Communication Skills – Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to understand information, ideas, direction and then be able to perform the task or project discussed. Also, to be able to ask questions to insure you understand the information given.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work overhead.
- Ability to use hands to grasp.
- Ability to reach with arms.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and twist with normal range of motion.
- Ability to sit, climb and balance.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work up to overtime and occasional weekends.
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment as needed to perform job tasks.
- Employee is regularly exposed to noise, dust, and varying types of smells.
- Employee is expected to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area.
- Employee is required to fully participate in 5S and Lean Program.
- Employee is required to perform basic housekeeping in and around work area.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION:
Other Relevant Information:
- This position is a Non-Exempt position and is subject to overtime pay.
- Travel is not required in this position.
- This position reports directly to the Plant Foreman for daily tasks.
- PortaFab Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.